Monday, February 8, 2016

Manifest Your Dreams

Let's talk dreams for a minute or two. Sometimes we can convert our dreams into reality quickly and with little effort. Other times, it takes planning and many years. 

My current and upcoming travels may seem like a new found love. I'll tell you what, it's an old love that has finally manifested. 

I was a young mother. A very young mother. While people my age were chasing their dreams and like my husband, traveling, I was raising the most precious daughter. I had no regrets, but I did make myself a promise. It was this- when my daughter was grown, I was going to travel the world. 

For eighteen years I filled that craving with small trips, planning all the while for big, international vacations. I compiled a list of all the places I wanted to see. As time passed, the countries changed, but by hunger did not. 

Last year, my daughter turned eighteen and started an adventure of her own studying in California. With my newfound empty nesting, I found time for deeper, more detailed planning. 

Last year, we went to UAE and India. This month we are going to Belize. In March, we are going back to Canada. In August we head to Italy and Switzerland. Countries that aren't on my agenda are sneaking in and that's just plain exciting! 

It took me eighteen years for my dream to become a reality. I never lost sight of what I planned. 

So, here's the deal. All of us can take a dream, at least one, and one day take that dream and turn it into reality. We are so focused on day to day living and instant gratification that we give up on our dreams so easily. It doesn't have to be that way. 

As we move through a New Moon and start a new year, perhaps it's time to let go of the doubts and start investing in ourselves. 

Dream the dream. Believe in it. Plan for it. Make it happen. It doesn't matter how long it takes. It can happen. You deserve that.