Friday, November 6, 2015

Maybe it Boils Down to Faith and a Choice

I've been trying to figure out what to do with the book I've been writing this past year. The focus is on Bhakti yoga - devotion to God - and how I got to this place. I thought India would seal the story, providing a wealth of stories and insights. It didn't - or so I thought. 
Slowly, very slowly my friends, have I been seeing pieces that might come together. Still I was lost. 

I met with Bhaktimarga Swami and saw Bhante Sujatha and Bhante Soma. A few pieces leaked, but nothing solidified. And then last night a yoga student and friend just said a few words (because I was rambling on and on which I've been doing so much this week to my dismay - not my nature). And those words are now brewing together ideas, thoughts and concepts. 

I am grateful for all my teachers and those we find in unexpected moments. And as for that dear lady, you thank you for helping the stew cook. 

Maybe just maybe part of Bhakti and any spiritual practice is that it's not about these grand magical moments, but about choices. Like the choice to love God even in moments of despair, pain and disaster. Maybe everything boils down to a choice and one of those choices is what many call faith.