Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Life at the Beach

On Facebook today, I saw this great picture that was saying "My next office." It instantly brought me back to a recent unfolding of a plea I made years ago.

For many years, my life was a struggle. I grew up in a dysfunctional household, had a dysfunctional first marriage, and moved through waves of exhausting emotions as I learned how to date in my early twenties while I was single mom working full-time and trying to go to school and learn the healing arts. However, I had many wonderful friends as my support group. 

Photo: My next office. ;)It didn't stop me, however, for calling out to the universe and demanding (yes, requests turned into demands) that my next incarnation is laying on a beach without a care in the world. The beach is my happy place. It calms and soothes me. 

I visualized this life as me as a woman, laying on a pool chair in a secluded beach with the most perfectly warm temperature, wearing a hot pink bikini surrounded by beautiful sand, ocean and sky. Nearby there was a little straw hut where I could get my margarita. There was no where to be, nothing to do. I know...shallow, but this is what I thought I needed to make up for my life. 

Last fall, when the Tibetan Buddhist monks were visiting Barefoot, I had the chance to have a Tibetan astrological chart done with a reading. The Lama prepared my chart using my birth day, time, year and location, and with his interpreter, told me about my past, present and future. 

And guess what was in my far future? My next incarnation? The universe is not without irony. My next incarnation is scheduled to be as a "gull" like a "seagull." So, I asked, non-specifically for this life at the beach without a care in the world. And while I had a vision of what I wanted, I never specified to the universe the exact details I was picturing in my head while I stomped my feet like a toddler throwing a tantrum. "Life at the beach with not a care? Sure! Here you go!" I was going to get exactly what I asked for. 

When you ask for something, be specific. Your dreams may very well come true if you ask. However, remember the details of that dream. 

While my life is very different now, I wouldn't mind still having that time at the beach. And I've accepted it may be as a seagull rather than a girl soaking up the sand. And I'm OK with that.

What's your dream?