Sunday, November 16, 2014

Letting Go of Balance

I just thought this was so beautiful and true I just had to share.  Author, Elizabeth Gilbert, talks about how balance may not be the right concept to focus on during her time on Oprah's tour. 


I know for myself I was talking to someone a few months ago about trying to balance my job, my studio, my family, my writing, my personal time. I felt stuck in this tornado of imbalance and wanted someone to see for me of how I could better balance everything. 


Do you know what they told me? There is no balance. It's a misconception. 


Sometimes certain parts of our lives will take a bigger chunk of our time and attention - away from other things. And that's OK. 


What's important is that we are happy or at the very least, content, with where our energy is going. 


So, let's toss that notion of balance away. It's just a hot word of the decade, a fad to pass, an illusion that just makes life a little more crazy. Instead, let's look at what needs our attention at each moment and focus on that.  


http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6148472